Fiberart International 2016
Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh, Inc.
Society for Contemporary Craft and
Pittsburgh Center for the Arts
Exhibition: May 6, 2016 to July 31, 2016
Touring: August 31, 2016 to August 31, 2018
Fiberart International 2016 seeks to exhibit the best of contemporary art and invites submissions that reflect a wide range of works related to the fiber medium.
This juried exhibition is recognized around the world as a benchmark that documents trends and innovations in the field. The goal of the exhibition is to include innovative work rooted in traditional fiber materials, structure, processes and history, as well as art that explores unexpected relationships between fiber and other creative disciplines.
Fiberart International 2016 will feature works by established and emerging artists and will be open to the public from May 6 to July 31, 2016 at Society for Contemporary Craft and Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.
This 22nd edition in an ongoing series of triennial shows, will be juried by Chunghie Lee, Arturo Alonzo Sandoval, and Tali Weinberg.
- Entries must be original work completed after December 31, 2013
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Collaborative works will be considered as a single entry. Artists submitting both collaborative and individual works must apply separately, and the collaborative team will be considered a separate artist.
- Work must not exceed 8’6” (2.60m) in any single dimension. Installations larger than 8’6” will be considered only if crate size requirements are met.
- Work must be original in concept and design and not be the result of a class or workshop. Student work is accepted if it meets the previous statement.
- All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
- All work MUST be available for touring for up to two (2) years beginning August 31, 2016. Work on tour will be insured.
Entry Fee: $40 non-refundable for up to three (3) entries must accompany the application.
Call details, entry requirements, and the entry form are available on CaFÉ:https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=2068
Visit website for additional information: fiberartinternational.org/
P.O. Box 5478
Pittsburgh, PA 15206-0478