For centuries, artists have used their mediums as an expression of societal issues and community outreach. From musical legend Bob Dylan to Picasso’s Guernica, their predecessors and those greats to follow, artists encompass peace in hopes of changing the world. Peace is possible, and you can help!
The Peace Project’s 5th annual Call-for-Artists is now open and asking artists worldwide to show the world where Peace starts. Artists are asked to delve deeper into the birth of peace and its progression. Does it arise from the simple beauty provided by nature? A child’s innocence? Equality? Community? Love?
In four short years, The Peace Project, supported by artists and others, has:
- Educated dozens of children in Sierra Leone, Africa.
- Distributed 10,000 pairs of crutches to amputees, war victims, polio survivors and mothers and children in Sierra Leone on World Peace Day, 2011.
- Designed a Peace Museum in Sierra Leone in conjunction with the UN.
- Created and produced Peace Tips, specially designed crutch tips that last one year, extend the life of crutches and greatly improve mobility for users.
- And currently, they’re building 40 houses and a community center in the Philippines for victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
Deadline for submission is 4 pm September 8, 2014.
Promote yourself while helping your fellow man on an international level, and submit today!