VSA Ohio is looking for artists with a disability for their yearly Accessible Expressions exhibition and tour
Accessible Expressions Ohio is a statewide exhibition and tour of visual art. It is an opportunity for artists to create, exhibit and sell their art; recognize all ability levels; and present art by people with disabilities in inclusive settings.
The tour is exhibited at an opening ceremony where a jury will determine the first, second, and third place winners in each category, as well as Best in Show. Small groupings of the exhibit will tour to sites throughout Ohio from April 2014 through December 2014.
Sales of artwork are encouraged.
• All work must be original.
• Artists may enter up to two (2) pieces of art created within the past (1) year.
• Art work must be smaller than 33” (in any direction) with frame. No exceptions.
• Applicants must be Ohio residents.
• Applicants must have a disability, which is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more life activities of an individual.
• Entries should be photographs of the original artwork; photographs will not be returned.
• Adjudicators review the photographs to determine which artwork will be featured.
• Artists are notified of their acceptance then asked to submit original artwork in January 2014.
IF SELECTED FOR THE TOUR
• Submitted artwork must match the image shown on the original entry photograph.
• Submitted artwork must be wired for hanging and/or ready to display.
• Artwork becomes the insured property of VSA Ohio from the date of delivery until it is picked up by its owner or sold.
• Artwork should be professionally framed.
• A year-long tour includes many transfers – VSAO will handle with care, however
o Fragile work should have a hard back to protect it during travel.
o Artwork over 18″ x 24″ that is framed should use plexiglass; regular glass over this size is heavy and more likely to cause damage.
o Three-dimensional pieces must include a sturdy box that will serve as a shipping crate for the duration of the exhibit; cardboard boxes are not acceptable.
• Information about framing assistance will be provided to accepted artists.
• Artists will be responsible for art delivery (Jan. 2014) and pick up (Dec. 2014 – Jan. 2015).