The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, PA is issuing a call for artists to submit work for the upcoming exhibition, A Matter of Time. This exhibit invites artists to respond to the concept of timekeeping and how it is represented today. Special consideration will be given to those works that are functional timekeepers as well.
Any professional artists and students working in all media are eligible, and the deadline for submissions is August 30, 2013. There is no entry fee.
The exhibit will be held in a special gallery in the museum from October 25, 2013 – May 31, 2014. The space is 450 square feet, and there are twelve display cases (25” X 16″) available for works needed to be protected under glass.
- You may submit up to four works as jpegs on a CD. Each image should be no larger than 1 MB
- Each jpeg file should correlate with the entry form. You may include up to 3 detailed images of each work
- Each artist must include a brief statement (no longer than two paragraphs) and a resume as word documents or pdf
- Return the completed entry form with your digital submissions. Discs will not be returned
- If you are unable to submit work in a digital format, please contact for assistance
- Accepted artists will be notified by phone or email and are responsible for assisting with installation
For more information, you may visit the museum or go to http://www.museumoftime.org/
For complete details, go to http://nawcc.org/index.php/museum-exhibits/special-exhibits/matter-of-time-exhibit
Download Prospectus/Entry Form: http://nawcc.org/images/stories/museum_documents/Matter_of_Time_Call_for_Artists.pdf